Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mail! [편지]

Okay. When I get to Korea, I am definitely buying those tiny stickers to put on the keyboard with the Korean characters. It's a pain to type in Korean without knowing really where each character is. (You can tell it took me a while just to write 'mail' in Korean lol)
Stickers like this. ^ I think I'll have to pick up a couple packs.. for my sister too.

Anyways! I got the package in the mail ! :) It was filled with the promised Korean-specific materials. I didnt read everything yet..will probably finish up going through it tomorrow. (Still have a math quiz and English presentation to do tomorrow and I'm getting increasingly drowsy...) From skimming through the wonderful package I found:
-handbooks from both NSLI-Y and iEARN
-language lounge log in
-extra health form
-Health insurance info
-etc.

Also, about to email the Sogang self-assessment and a verification on how my name is spelled (exactly as on my passport) to iEARN.

Hm. Besides Korea stuff- Children's festival volunteering tomorrow. It was fun last year~ My nephew is coming again to jump around in the moon bounce.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It's Susie M (not some random creeper, just to clarify). Anyway, buying stickers for the keyboard is a brilliant idea! I hadn't thought about that, but seriously, it takes me forever to type Korean... And so do you already speak Korean then? I'm so jealous! My vocab and grammar are super limited, like 4 word sentences max haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie!
    I've seen the stickers at local stores...but they're incredibly overpriced. I'm hoping they're cheaper in Korea. & I'm not very good at speaking it... Thing about me is that someone could talk to me in Korean, and I would respond in English / Konglish lol Don't worry~ this is a learning experience for the both of us :)

    ReplyDelete