Wednesday, July 11, 2012

MT [Membership Training]


From Wednesday and Thursday July 4-5th, 2012

Went on an MT aka "Membership Training" with my lab group for two days! I figured I would never really experience something like this in America, so why not go adventuring with my lab group? Before I went, I discussed with my English group and they all really encouraged me to go and we agreed that we would make up the missed time over the weekend (only missed Wednesday, I made it back in time for the Thursday meeting). MT is pretty much going somewhere to stay the night to get closer with the group you're going with and involves a lot of drinking and playing games. All my students had gone on MTs before with their academic departments (many of them are pretty small considering Postech is a fairly small and selective school) or with clubs that they are involved in. 

Wednesday left around 11:30am. Stopped at a restaurant in Pohang (?) for lunch. Had Kkong Guksu (noodles).. one of my favorites actually. Then continued on to 단양 (Dan Yang), about a 3 hour drive. Returned around 3pm on Thursday and then went to English meeting @ 7pm. We pretty much worked on essays that are due the next day and a bit of skits that day.

 mm drinks in the car

arrival in Dan Yang! Darian Falls... dried up? lol


 Oh, we found some water!

description of Darian Falls - has English translation also

we sat on the rocks by the water and chilled. took pictures also

 Young Jun (I think) put the watermelon in the water to make it cool~

 cut cut

도담삼봉 [3 Peak Island] - one of the 8 Views of Dan Yang. Famous tale of the big rock being the "King", the next biggest his "Wife" and the smallest is the "Mistress."


 The almost founder of the Joseon Dynasty, Sam Bong. 

 weird colored bug

 after, went to Dan Yang Resort where we made dinner (k bbq!). we got two separate rooms in the hotel - one for the girls and one for the guys. There were about 12 people total; 4 girls, including myself, and the rest guys.

 haha Young Shik prepared this drinking game. So similar to the one I played @ Chang's house with Ling, Raisa, Van, and others. haha the Professor drank so much because of this.

wow... by far the tipsiest I got in Korea. There was soju, mekju (beer), scotch whiskey, rum, and I think something else? I don't think we even made it to the rum lol. Bokyung made a really good mix! I actually forgot the exact mixture, but she mixed soju, Milkis, and hongcho (vinaigrette). Also played some sort of Korean drinking game where you name two letters from the alphabet, and you have to name a noun that corresponds with those two letters. i.e. someone says ㅅ & ㄹ, then the next person can say 사람, then the next person can say another word that begins with the same two letters such as 사랑. Whoever messes up the cycle has to drink. After two rounds, I obv was at a huge disadvantage since the game was played in Korean. Later we took a break - all us girls ended up calling it a night - and had girl talk and went to sleep.

Next day! Thursday, July 5, 2012

 us girls woke up pretty early around 9am ? so we headed downstairs to the first floor and they had a pretty sizable convenience store that could even act as a mini grocery store. 
 nomz choco milk. Saebom bought us drinks ^^

 the view from our room- so mountainous~

 the dining room / kitchen

 haha mosquito repellents that we didn't have to use. excellent

 either b1 or first floor.. but was across from the mini grocery store and adjacent to other restaurants

 car ride back~~ we were going to go somewhere else first, but because of the rain decided to head back to school early 

 stopped for lunch around Anyang I think? Udon. Although I had 라면 (ramyun)

 got back to the dorms and had some more -.- Ling's is here

mine

 DICE's lounge area (an intl students dorm)

went to Jigok Community Center again and had some chicken. 1/2 chicken is 7000won. omg so good

No comments:

Post a Comment