Saturday, August 18, 2012

뷔페 [buffet]

From July 26, 2012 Thursday 

The last day of the English program is today... :( 

Came to lab at 10am for small Bo Kyung’s presentation! Wow I thought it was very good.

Then we went to Orange County, which is a buffet close to or in Edong. It was pretty good, but I got full very quickly. Went back, chilled for 30 minutes, then left with Bokyung back to RC around 3.
Took a shower and went to Mueinjae, to the room where we first met the kids, and all of them presented for 5mins., or around there because we were running short on time. Gee was really good!! His presentation was 244 slides and had some multimedia clips in it and a lot of humor. He briefly described each member of KGB and MH. No wonder he is a Creative IT major. 

Then went out to Party’s [buffet round 2!], a buffet restaurant in Edong. It was really good! I hear that it is also very expensive at 28000won per person. Sat with Prof Cho, Han, and Katie.

That night we went back to our dorms. Went out later to NRB first with Ling, Sangwoo, Michael, Andy, Seokgyu, and Himin. Key, Gee, and their friend from KAIST came later that night also! Wow… Gee is an amazing singer. I was completely taken back. Haha.. He overturned a waste basket (that wasn’t even empty) to put his foot on while singing. Key's voice was ...unexpected. LOL 

Seokgyu and Himin left earlier around 11 40 because they had to catch the last bus back to Seoul / Incheon. Sad. 

I had to leave around 12 30 to go over to Fish and Grill to meet up some of my lab group. Yongdo, Bokyungs, and Youngshik were there. Once I got there, we moved to 2. Seul Jong Bin.  Had makkoli and kimchi jigae. Then we were going to go home, and Yongdo hopped on his motorcycle and left, but as the rest of us were walking back, we were suddenly inspired to go to 3. 2am Tudari. Stayed til they closed 4 20. Met some of Suh Bokyung’s friends there and we all decided we were going to “kill” Youngshik that night. Excellent! It was hilarious how drunk he was getting… he was cursing us all saying “ ~~ 사기군들이야~~” whenever we plotted his next shot. I felt bad for him too at the same time…  
 
By the time we left, we were debating between a taxi and walking, but walking won over. I mean, it should’ve only taken 10-15 mins max to get back right? ….-.- It took a whole hour to get back. Omg I was about to piss my pants. A few of us almost did. So we stopped by in what I think was the robotics building next to the library for bathrooms. 

Said bye to big Bokyung because she is going to Seoul in the morning at 7am – her mom is picking her up. Sad. 

How am I going to wake up tomorrow to buy pizza for lab group lunch D:

 Orange County for lunch with lab group - known as a meat buffet? mmm good

 what I see in the elevator heading up to 4th floor of Mu eun jae building for final presentations

 books I borrowed from Postlec - the English library on campus. I wish I got to finish them all... I even borrowed the Korean copy of "The Selfish Gene," but was too lazy / didn't have enough time to actually sit down and read. (I had intended to read both simultaneously to improve my Korean.) 
I did finish "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" - I also watched the movie beforehand, last summer, with Brian, William, and my cousin.

 lolol Himin is the first to go for final presentations. He made his presentation on his group's field trips... funny because his group's only legit one was the one to Busan. 

the conclusion to Gee's presentation. amazing! presentation was describing members of our group and also summarized what we did with a bunch of pictures. used our names for the ending haha
 
LOL Bee's presentation continuously had a misspelled word.... "Chiken 1" His presentation was on food that our group had ate.
 
 "Chiken 2"

 Party's buffet for dinner


 the 팥빙수 I made wasn't very good...but I kept trying!!


 KGB + HM


 we head back to RC and stumble upon this creature that looks like Pincer from Pokemon 
terrifying...didn't know Korea had these. Peter picked it up and kept touching it...he even put his finger in between the two pincers ...wtf. 
 then Han moved it onto a card board and went on terrorizing anyone he could :(

 then went out to Hyoja Market, one last time.

 NRB I think it was 8000per hour? but the lady here adds a lot of time for free
 
 Seokgyu aka Cutie

 Himin


 leaving :(

 Gee

 Sangwoo aka Baby

Andy
 
Key
 
 the NRB place


 Fish & Grill for 1차

didn't take a picture of 2차 :(


 3차 @ Tudari. This is the cheapest entree there. 6000? I think.. I really like the juice though. Could've mixed it


  everybody gets a cherry except YoungShik

 complimentary 팥빙수 ! :D

 sigh. the hour long walk back...

No comments:

Post a Comment