Tuesday, August 14, 2012

체육관 [gym]

From July 23, 2012 Monday 

Had our last Group Leader meeting with Prof Cho today at 11am. Celebration will be at Party's, the buffet restaurant Gee really wanted to go to for one of our "field trips."

Had lunch with Han, Andy, and Michael at Jigok. Then we got 팥빙수 for the first time at the cafe in Jigok. :D We got the fruit one. 

Went to lab at 1pm. The series of experiments that I was doing with Buddy are over, so I thought I would have a lot of spare time. Therefore, I went to visit Ling in her lab / return her huge cancer textbook.While there, her buddy invited me to their lab meeting (that she was actually presenting at for their version of Journal Club). It started at 2 and ended within the hour. Her professor is really nice and invited me to their celebration dinner they were having on Wednesday. 

Had dinner with Buddy, Gayoung, Jaehoon at another cafeteria that I had no idea about. It's located across from Postech, and had POSCO branding all over it. It's similar to Jigok in price and style of getting the food (i.e. put the money in the machine to get a ticket first, then getting in line to get food...think high school cafeteria line).

English meeting right after. We continued to discuss final presentations since Gee was here now. Then watched the first episode of season 2 of White Collar. I don't think we're going to watch it anymore...the episodes take up so much time. 

After our meeting, I went to the gym bc Ling was there with a bunch of other Campus English people. But apparently, as soon as I got there, she was leaving. D: 
So I had just missed her. fuk. Anyway, played basketball with Andy, Michael, Chris, Seop, and Yeonghoon. Then shifted over to look around the rest of the gym since it was my first time being there. Then went to play ping pong with Andy, Michael, Sangwoo, Chris, and later Seokgyu (I think?!) and Adrian joined. 

POSTECH has two gyms. One is free, and the other - "Posplex" - you have to pay. Posplex is the newer one and has much better equipment I hear, and a swimming pool (although you have to pay 6000won for it). I went to the free one tonight, and it sucks. So hot in there... and I was paranoid of mosquitoes while I was there too. It definitely made me appreciate how awesome UMD's is. On top of AC, we have free yoga (and others, but I'm mostly just interested in yoga) lessons! And we don't have to pay to get in the pool, although I haven't tried yet. -.-

 the cafe in Jigok

 our fruit / yogurt 팥빙수 

 Ling's research building - Mechanical

 dinner @ the posco cafeteria . noodles! was only 3000won

 the basketball courts / badminton courts

 seats and track that runs around it
 
 ping pong room

 golf room

 peculiar machine that shakes your fat like mad. there was a girl on the one next to this one, and a line of guys just staring behind her. o_o?! oh. right. postech doesn't have many girls...

 machine that tells you your height, weight, and bmi. wish UMD had this

 map of postech... in the gym
 
 vending machine full of pocari sweat :o I had it 2 years ago, but not once since I've gotten here. I think it tasted like an energy drink?

more vending machines! 
 
ice cream after the gym. sweet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment