Thursday, June 14, 2012

비행기 [airplane]

Wow. Just got to Seoul today. June 13th... when I was supposed to get here yesterday. Hm. Can't believe that not only my flight from Baltimore to San Fran got cancelled, but my other flight from Tokyo to Seoul (that they put me on to replace the first cancelled flight) also got cancelled!

So this is what happened. Went to BWI to go to SFO. Checked bags, went through security, boarded, buckled into seat. Just needed to take off, right? Well flight kept being pushed back, back, back, until they finally cancelled the flight altogether. Boo. A lot of people on the flight were really mad, and understandably so! Many of them were going to be missing business meetings, conferences, and other time sensitive events. So I fast walked out of that plane to get back in line so they could reschedule me, and boy, what a line of angry people, mostly on their phones trying to reschedule asap through other means.

Next fastest way for me to go to Seoul was to go to Dulles in D.C. So United proceeded to super shuttle a lot of us to Dulles. Then went to Tokyo from there. After that, I was supposed to make a connecting flight from Tokyo to Seoul. Nope, cancelled. I don't even know the reason why??? The first was due to mechanical problems, but the second may have been due to the rainy weather or may have also suffered from mechanical problems. Worst thing about this was probably the sheer difficulty in contacting people so that my aunt from Korea wasn't waiting at the airport for nothing! I couldn't even use my cell phone or the one my sister lent to me. Only way was to buy a calling card for a ridiculously absorbatant price. Realized, thanks to a friend, that I could skype for intl calls. Also, thankfully, I made a few friends during this ordeal. Stayed the night in Tokyo.

Yea... so, I would have missed the flight the next day also had my friend that I made at the airport not called me to wake me up. Apparently they slid the info under our door not even 3 hours before our flight! I swear, I left my room around 6am and didn't see anything under the door, returned around 6 50am and found it there. Flight leaves @ 9. The fuck. What if I slept in??? Hm, maybe I could have explored Tokyo. Darn. Should've slept in. lol I think complaining to United is in order though.

 Room in Narita Excel Hotel

Closet covered by a curtain like contraption



breakfast buffet

went back for some watermelon

 hm scenic view I suppose. complete with koi fish



the lobby

 no bombs @ narita airport lol

 no tanks of gasoline either

 art in narita airport

 sweeet! mochi @ tourist shop right across from boarding area (they were boarding when we got there) bought one to give to gomo



was tempted to get one with cats on it; maybe when I get back

Besides that, I'm in Seoul now! drama at the airport. Esp since I wasn't able to tell my aunt that I was coming until I was already in Incheon aka Korea. (Had to bust my ass to get to Tokyo's airport on time, and even then, I had to rush to get boarded since they let us know so late). Since I don't have a phone, it was pretty hard for my aunt to find me. We were supposed to meet on the 3rd level of Incheon where E is, but the whole time I thought she was going to drive by and pick me up. So I waited in the area right outside from that area. Apparently aunt was waiting inside... uhoh. She circled 3x and even made an announcement throughout the airport. lol...dang. I thought she would call the friend that I was with earlier bc I told him to let her know if she called where I would be (outside).  k anyhow. Ate some really good duck for linner and found out that my aunt actually switched apts with her daughter for the next few years haha

No comments:

Post a Comment