Tuesday, June 19, 2012

화장 [makeup]

2nd day @ dentist's office :) Today I "taught" some English phrases to everyone at the office. They are basically translated from the Korean phrases most often used there - such as "This was, please," "open wider, please." haha Also got a glimpse of little bits of most divisions within the dental practice such as periodontics (treatment of gums / surrounding the teeth), preventive (to ward against cavities), endodontics, pedodontics, orthodontics, etc.. really interesting actually! I can see myself doing this is the future. Wow.

After, went back to Aunt's, chilled with cuzzo and baby, then headed out to meet with my host sister from 2 years ago. :D First went to the gallery she works at (supppper cool btw! media art), then walked to Myungdong and looked around / ate. My goodness...the plethora of make up shops there are there! I wanted some sunblock / possibly bb cream but the options seemed endless. Finally decided on Innisfree's bb cream upon host sister's recommendation and bc they use more natural / organic ingredients that other competitors I believe. Seriously though... there was Tony Moly, It's Skin, Etude House, Missha, etc - all make up and skin care stores.

good tooth vs bad tooth



real.

kkong guksu for lunch with the dentists ^^ authentic goodness

 then @ host sister's work place. alice in wonder land theme


 SO CUTE


 Chunggyechun right in front of Art Center Nabi. Must check it out when it's open - it closes @ 6pm and I came after 6 .. well proceeded to walk to Myungdong with host sister bc she finished working

 Yoo Jae Suk's wife @ Myungdong. Protesting against MBC?

Kim Tae Ho. I think my host sister said he is a famous producer or perhaps a main guy for a comedy show? Not entirely sure, but she was reallly excited so we both took a picture with him. Also protesting against MBC. There were KBS cameras around also lol probably to film this protest?

Dokbokki really good! @ a restaurant called Red something... in Myungdong. I should pay more attention to the names.

Add cheese :p

 Coolis? Tastes like pineapple and something else. Surprisingly enough, it helped to offset the spiciness of the dokbokki (thought it would be acidic / make my tongue burn more). We only got the dokbokki on level 2 of 5 in spiciness (where 5 is the spiciest) and I still thought it was hella spicy. 


 lol on the walls of the restaurant

 Jung Ilwoo's signature! 

I remember this from 2 years ago and I took a pic of it then too. @ Myungdong's Northface store

 One of the MANY make up / skin care stores in Myungdong. Thank goodness I came with my host sister to help in picking sunscreen! 

 In Innisfree I think. Eyeliners that remind of Urban Decay's but the pigments in Urban Decay's are definitely more colored. But it's also 2x the price.

in Innisfree - I like that it's very nature-y or at least that's how they promote their products

 more glasses! I'll probably get one of these too ><

the BBcream I got. spf 29 and it came with a "free" cleanser. 16,000won. I would've gotten a different product, but the free cleanser won me over. The other one was really nice too, but I think it was spf25 and I would've had to buy the cleanser separately anyway. It was so moisturizing and nice though, maybe I'll get that one for my sister after seeing how this one goes. 

Anywho, it was awesome meeting with my host sister again! I definitely want to meet up with my host parents later too. Also, I thought Ling was coming tonight, but she's actually coming on Thursday night lol!! I pretty much told everyone that she was coming today bc didn't realize my mistake until this morning when Ling msged me. :p


No comments:

Post a Comment