Saturday, June 16, 2012

안경 [glasses]

Today I walked a lot...as in maybe 10+ miles? This is what happens when you come to Seoul. Let's see. Met up with Isaac at ~1pm (actually more like 2 bc someone, finally not me, was a bit late lol) and we proceeded to go ... everywhere. haha. Places visited today: Myungdong, Hongdae, Sinchon.

Myungdong; streets are fillled with people and saw a lot of foreigners here.
Rip off Victoria's Secret?
 Selling on the streets for 1,000 won (~$1). It's a candy made since a long time ago, very nostalgic. My sister told me stories of how there was a store filled with these near the place my fam lived when they were in Korea and if you can successfully eat around the edges of the shape, then you get another free. Sweet deal. :) (Although I'm not sure if they did that on the streets of Myungdong, probably not...idk I broke mine anyway.)

 damn. and I was doing so well too. 

Myungdong had some awesome deals if you're a girl. There's 10,000won bags that are pretty cute, but the quality suffers of course. I made myself not buy them along with some other cute items I found. I'll come back with Ling later. We then proceeded to go to the Myungdong Underground Shopping Center. Glasses galore!!! Wow. I bought two pairs and Isaac bought one. They're huge cartoon like contraptions. *Note to Sheena, Jesse - I need your prescription. Actually since your eyes are not that good, I think the procedure is sorta weird... and the lens are hella more expensive too. Like 5x the cost of mine. Not spending $100+ each on yall. -.- Soooo sucks to be you lol Maybe frames if I'm feeling nice :p

Myungdong Underground Shopping Center. From here walked to City Hall subway station to head on over to Hongdae.
Searching for Coffee Prince, but it's too hard. I forgot where it was when Host Unni took me there before. But passed this strange leg spider. There are so many cafes and boutiques here.
 Isaac - "If I was an American I'd sit here" ... well, yes. You are an American so I guess you should sit there. :p Also modeling the funky glasses we got! Inside Waffle Bant in Hongdae to rest a bit and indulge in some waffle goodness.

Froyo and Waffle - 4,700 won
 ...sigh.."Have you still do NOT eat!?"

 Walked around some more, then wanted to actually eat so stopped at a kbbq place in Hongdae. I think it's the same one I went to 2 years ago when I was @ Hongdae with Gabby, Jiwoong, Jiwoong's Aussie friend, and Elwin!

 Borl Sarl (sp?) - 10,000won for 200g. Got two. Really good. and I need to download Korean on my computer. 

 After walking aimlessly around Hongdae, we decided on walking to SINCHON! :D Wow... what a long walk though. Took maybe 20 minutes? Or perhaps even 30? Anyway, being in Sinchon brought back so many amazing memories from NSLIY 2010 trip <3 I couldn't stop smiling in some areas!
 Motel Touch...sounds sketch. with hearts also.
 Vines errywhere.

 earrings! haha hamburger and fries studs. I think they're 2,000 or 3,000 won? 

 Cute light emitting keychain / phone accessories. 1 for 4,000 won or 3 for 10,000

I think it's the arcade that my Host Unni's friend, Bong, took me to! But I remember it being bigger... so not sure what happened. Maybe I found the wrong arcade. 
 Streetfighter

 



 Isaac is a tetris beast even though the controls were different from what he's used to. I totally understand... that's how I felt when I first got on DDR in Korea lol

Barista show @ With Espresso in Sinchon


 Funny store name - "Drink Fun Fun"

 Icecream in a pouch ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment