Friday, June 15, 2012

귀여워 [cute]

Went out with cousin today! Namdaemoon Market - basically sells everything, but only went to Alpha, a stationary and arts supply store. They have so many neat things here! I bought a bunch of pens, padfolio filler paper, some sort of hard clear folder that I intend to write (and erase) for orgo, push pins, a notebook, and decorative things for my dorm room. Getting here is so hectic though! Cousin and I had to go down 6 levels to find a parking spot in the parking lot connected to the Shinsegae department store.

 I think they are hand towels wrapped very adorably! @alpha


 After leaving Namdaemoon, we went to park at my Aunt's other apt around Gwanghwamoon, and then proceed to go on foot to other places. Walked past this strange piece of artwork next to the Sejong Performing Arts Center. Plants (vines?) made to resemble a face, idk who's face though.

 The main KT building in Gwanghwamoon. Phone now works in Korea!!! I brought my sister's spare phone that runs on AT&T's GSM network. People looking into how to use an US phone in Korea, this is how. I saw that the frequency of the my specific phone matched that of KT's. The phone I used was the Samsung Infuse. I got the unlock code (I just googled a method of finding out on your own) and took my passport.  I bought a KT SIM card for about 5,500 won and chose a prepaid plan (you can add however much you want). They basically handled it from there. Done. :)

 The inside of the KT building - very nicely designed.

 Then proceeded to go visit Samcheongdo - it has so many galleries, boutiques, cafes, and restaurants. Also past niece's high school. It's like....right next to Insadong and Samcheongdo. So many opportunities to eat yummy food. I bought a few accessories here. Also, really professional looking "graffiti" here.

 "Is it really Korea?"

 Stopped to grab lunch in Samcheongdo. So goood! I keep forgetting what it's called, but cousin said the place is really yummy and known?

 Side street of Samcheongdo. 

hehe so cute! Took some weird pictures here, but not planning on putting them up. Make use of imagination. :)
 more stores

 keep going down, and you see schools! I saw plenty of students in their uniforms lol

 Bakery that starts with an A...maybe Atlier? nearby the corner where you turn to walk into Samcheongdo.
 nomz

 macaroons

 Love this walkway, so fusion; between apts @ gwanghwamoon

Then decided to go back. Cousin's apt hehe floors covered with these squishy, cartoon mats for the baby! 
 I forgot what it was called, but it smells like caramel on the outside, and the inside is softer. Cousin said that Korea usually didn't carry them (French goodie), but some bakeries have it. We picked up a couple from the bakery that starts with an A earlier. She said it's really good with coffee / tea. 

Few of the goods from today. Rubber ducky pushpins (~3000won I think? from Namdaemoon's Alpha), earings and two rings (5000won each @ a boutique in Samcheongdo), hard clear folder for orgo (maybe 2000won? hopefully I didn't pay more).

No comments:

Post a Comment