Thursday, June 14, 2012

카레 [curry]

First full day in Korea! Started off the day with breakfast (Korean styled curry that was actually much better than in the U.S.), then went on a walk to Hangang Park. Aunt was wheeling around my baby niece. Lucky.

 outside Incheon airport - I forgot to post this, along with a few other pics actually, in the other post

 Hangang Park!

 apts are right next to it

 bikes. you can rent them at the park. I'll try looking into that before I leave.

 heh fun exercise equipment. Aunt just about never comes out here though, either because she just moved here or because it may be subject to more pollution due to all the cars surrounding the area (well duh, it's probably both because she said so).

Then had samgyupsal (pork) for lunch, and cousin proceeded to take me to get a haircut. Hair is now super short...if it was even just an inch longer, I'd be happy. But after taking a shower, I guess it's growing on me.

 Then went to COEX to meet up cp friend, Young :D We wanted to check out the aquarium, but it was closed...except this tank in the front. Also bought some cute stationary stuff from AniLand in COEX.

 Young's failed attempt. tsk,tsk lol

 Coming out of COEX

 To go get Indian curry! It's right off of Gangnam Station, exit 8 I believe, in the Samsung building. Not sure what Young got; it was some sort of really spicy dish (on the right), and I got chicken tiki masala (left). lol.. Not really authentic, but still good. Served with sticky white rice hahaha if you're Indian, you'll probably understand my surprise.

 haha. @ young and @ the cucumber pickle like thing that would only be found in Korea being served with the curry. :p

 So 10pm is my curfew while staying at Aunt's house. She says if I'm going to be late to call, but who am I kidding. Basically I have to be in by 10pm. Went on the subway for the first time since I last came and, boy, was it packed! I'm not quite sure if I've ever seen it this packed or if the train had some sort of irregular schedule for the day. Blobs of people trying to get in, and being very, very squished inside for one stop in particular. (From Seoul Uni to Gosuk Terminal I believe.) I sorta felt like I was being rubbed up on by a guy...sorta cute so its whatevs. NOT....but really.

No comments:

Post a Comment